From January until July, I am serving a Knight International Journalism Fellowship in Ukraine. I am working with the Journalists' Initiative Association, based in Kharkiv in eastern Ukraine. We are helping promote a strong, independent media system, which we believe is crucial to democracy.

Friday, July 06, 2007

One last workshop ... in Zaporizhzhya



I did a workshop today in Zaporizhzhya, in southern Ukraine. We met with a group of enthusiastic journalists at the Media Center attached to the Alex TV Co. We spent the day covering computer-assisted reporting (Internet search and spreadsheet skills) and "Web 2.0" publishing. I created a temporary blog -- sorry, it's been deleted -- to which everyone posted content (including embedded video from YouTube or a poll from BlogPoll).

After the workshop, we had fun taking pictures:




Now, Lorenza and I are off to Crimea to do some hiking and swimming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home