From January until July, I am serving a Knight International Journalism Fellowship in Ukraine. I am working with the Journalists' Initiative Association, based in Kharkiv in eastern Ukraine. We are helping promote a strong, independent media system, which we believe is crucial to democracy.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Trade Information Center -- Ukraine-Bulgaria



A new office opened on the ground floor of my apartment building, and the above sign went up. It says: "Trade Information Center -- Ukraine-Bulgaria." I'm posting this for the only Bulgarian I know -- Gergana Bobeva, a journalism student at VCU.

(Then again, this could be a money-laundering operation -- to disguise the source of ill-begotten currency, as my landlord, Serge, jokingly says could be true of a lot of businesses here. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home