From January until July, I am serving a Knight International Journalism Fellowship in Ukraine. I am working with the Journalists' Initiative Association, based in Kharkiv in eastern Ukraine. We are helping promote a strong, independent media system, which we believe is crucial to democracy.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

A trip to the зоопарк ('zoo park')



This morning, Selma and I met up with our translator, Yulia Zmulyukova, and her boyfriend Dima, and we took a walking tour of the city. We spent a few hours exploring the Kharkiv Zoo, which is 111 years old.

The zoo is right near my house. Admission costs 10 grivni -- $2 -- for adults. Here are some random photos. You'll find more on my Google Picasa Web Album at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/jeffrey.south/KharkivZoo







1 Comments:

Blogger The Revolt and Revolting said...

Nice entry. Thank you.

2:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home